Another fun night in the glitter ball rave hall that is Susie Elelman’s Overnight show on Radio 2GB… okay maybe it isn’t that crazy, bit it’s certainly a lot of fun and each week we have an increasing number of people calling in to chat about various topics, some tech heavy and some not so. Caller diversity is great because it shows the different levels of interest and keeps me on my toes to keep the show entertaining with Susie.
The discussion this morning were certainly wide and varied, from the difference between tablets and notebooks, time-based parental controls for iPhones, and lifehacks sourced from Stumbleupon.
Great night and some good laughs, all below for your listening pleasure:
As always, here are some links to dig deeper into some of the topics we covered:
- The story of a fly-in/fly-out father being able to attend the birth of his baby through Samsung’s Gear VR
- “Hello Barbie” doesn’t just talk to your kids, it actually records their voice and comes back with personalised responses.
- Restricting your iPad or iPhone when handing them over to your kids
- Some time-based parental control systems for Android and iOS devices
- And of course the highlight of the night, life hacks – which I think we should do each week from now on, technology-based or not!
To close off, here’s the video from the virtual reality birth experience – the only thing his wife couldn’t do was actually squeeze his hand for real while she was giving birth! I’m sure there will be a hack for that soon enough.
Until next time!